Thursday, April 15, 2010

Newly Single and Dating Again!

There is something to be said about the grieving period of a dead relationship. I, however consistently make bad decisions in that arena and so , true to character, I decided to dive head first back into the proverbial dating pool. I am not sure what was worse, spending the entire evening comparing the sweet new guy to the old “not so sweet” but oh so desirable ex, or the burnt turkey burger he (sweet new guy) served me on an over-processed generic white sesame seed bun…!

While my head is still in compare and contrast mode…. Shall we?

Guy A: Sharp shooter who is defiantly into breaking hearts and thinks the world revolves around him. A self-serving hunter with a sleazy one-track-mind! Often, there was little space left for me after he and his ego entered the room. Defiantly has a chip on the shoulder, but when we were alone he was the sweetest man you could ever hope to share the company of. Driven and ambitious with a heart of gold that I often said was surrounded by the great wall. Which was appropriate since the majority of our relationship was spent with him living in China! Tender, kind, and sincere until he got hungry or something else pissed in his Fruit Loops!

Guy B: Not the one, but a nice break from all the bullshit. He is nice on the eyes, cute smile, and salt & pepper George Clooney hair, which I am a big fan of. If Chris Daughtry and Timothy Olyphant had a baby…! He really is yummy, but seemingly lacks ambition, direction, and goals. On the plus side he is adventurous, but he also said he was good in bed. And any self-promoting “sex God” usually isn’t… ugh! He invited me on a camping trip in Napa Valley, but….. Wait for it…..with his parents! OY VEY!

Guy B scored major points with me when he asked me if I wanted to go on a walk through the park… cute, right! Short lived because when I got there he nixed the walk and decided we would hang at his place and drink wine (we all know what that means)! He might have had a chance if he played is cards right, I’m just sayin’! I decided that since I got all dolled up I would indulge him. If I had known that I would be served a burnt turkey burger on over-processed white sesame seed bun with generic cheese and a side of spinach with stale tortilla chips I would have stayed home. Hell, I have four pounds of turkey burger and a fabulous salad chillin’ right here! He was filled with great conversation though and again, easy on the eyes, which almost made up for the lack of originality on our first and probably only date!

My conclusion, this dating thing is overrated, until I meet that man who shakes me to the core, if he is out there… back to the drawing board.

Goodnight and sweet dreams!

2 comments:

  1. Amen! I am in your boat sista and really going to take this time to spend on ME!!! You deserve the butterflies and pampering from a man and if you can't find that, well more power to being single in the meantime! I have found, especially after my last short-lived, but whimsical encounter called a relationship, that I am happy in my skin, happy enough to say bye when it does not feel right. It is a long, fun and stressful learning process but what an adventure! Cheers to the road ahead!
    Brittainy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it, girl! When do we start taking back our lives and when did we stop taking care of our most valuable relationship which is the one we have with ourselves! It is time to start living for the one person you know you can count on and thats you! If there happens to be a man involved, well then I would say that he is just lucky!

    ReplyDelete